Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Diamonds and Pearls


From the 1920's through the 1950's, beautiful (and just this side of gawdy ) costume jewelry was the thing to have... American jewelry designer, Miram Haskell, designed and created the best of it. 


Until the 1950's, Haskell didn't sign her pieces, making the earlier ones difficult to identify and authenticate, but they are highly sought after by collectors. 


Want to know if you've found a genuine Miriam Haskell?  http://www.veryvintage.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=19&chapter=0

6 comments:

  1. Where do you find this amazing stuff? I want to be like you someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i love me so crazy costume jewelry. I used to wear mine in high school to proms and dances and stuff....one year i had the fundraising even that i was volunteering at and i found this amazing vintage dress with fur on the cap sleeves (at a thrift store), just happened to fit in it...with my pin curls and costume jewelry...sigh..those were the days :)

    i'm so loving your blog!! thanks for sharing!

    Rheanna @ Cammo Style Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest hop follower ☺
    Have a wonderful weekend

    http://www.everydayexpressionz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I adore Miriam Haskell's jewelry! Sadly I haven't found any perfect pieces to keep for myself, but hopefully I'll find some Miriam Haskell jewelry from the 40s-50s.

    Did you purchase anything from the vintage shop you discovered?

    xoxo
    Rodellee
    adorevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vintage cookbooks are the best!!! :-)

    Melissa
    http://thechroniclesofarookiemom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOnderful blog! Newest follower from FMBT. Nice to meet you :))
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete