Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 6... Free to Believe

Today I am thankful to live in a place where I am free to believe and worship whatever and whomever I want.  

I recently was reading a news article about a group of female Saints in the Middle East.  Understandably, they are forced to meet in secret and live almost duel lives or risk death.  I was contemplating their situation and obvious strength.... 
No Christian missionaries have been allowed in their country, their internet and news is highly censored, they, as women, have had little access to schooling...
yet, they've found the gospel and cling to it daily.

I feel so blessed that I don't have to do this.  Would I even know where to look for truths if I was "trapped" in such oppression?! 

So today, I'm thankful that I'm free to believe.

***************
One thing I've seen done a lot is a Thanksgiving Tree:


Here the branch was spray painted white before the leaves of thanks were placed on them.  What a cute, simple idea for an entry way/foyer.  Guests could "sign in" so to speak by sharing a blessing on an Autumn leaf before over-indulging in the feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment