Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bon Nuit

There's still a left field, brimming with retro relish and archives of memories. 
Most people stumble out of the box on accident, maybe while searching for the Dunkin Donuts or Papa John's. 
But then, there's the the strange birds, like me, who seek  out the whistle stops. 
Route 66 is a fail-safe, goof-proof course for finding these out-dated heart breakers!
The Wigwam Motel (outside Holbrook, AZ) is the highway's answer to the need for a goodnight sleep (and a dictionary... I'm sure the guy who constructed these thought, "wigwam.... tipi.... same thing!")

**Did you know that this Wigwam motel is one of seven villages that were built; and one of the only three that remain? 

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog that was really sweet and now I'm a new follower of yours. I enjoyed your post, I haven't been that far west yet, but AZ is on my list:) Have a good weekend!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. Pretty neat name too- WigWam. :) I am a new follower of yours via FFBlog Hop. :)

    Adin B
    http://www.chetopianfamily.com
    http://www.thriftysahmway.com

    ReplyDelete