Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Its an Egg Kinda Night


We're total food geeks.
Yet we totally love simple every day food, too.

Poached Egg Croquettes and Salad 

What you'll need:
a couple poached eggs
some bread (I used a baguette)
cream cheese
a spoon or so of orange marmalade
some parsley
a teeny bit chilli powder

1. Toast the bread.
2. Whip the cream cheese, orange marmalade, chilli powder, and parsley together. Spread this on  the bread.
3. Top with the egg and eat it with your favourite salad .

For my salad, I tossed apple slices with field greens and a little balsamic.
Voltaire said, "Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity." 
Well said, frenchy, well said.  

4 comments:

  1. Omw, I gotta say- I cannot poach an egg to save my life, so I'm deeply impressed by you. lol. I MUST learn. I might just get one of those silicone egg poaching cheater things, because it always ends up being a great big mess. These look yummy! Have you tried it with another kind of jam or is it only good with marmalade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mixed almost every type of jam under the rainbow in with cream cheese at one point or another......

    Rasberry mixed with Philli over slightly salted/peppered chicken breast baked on 350* until the meat is 160* or hotter is a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people would turn their noses up at this but I think it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love simple food--this looks really yummy! wish i could grab a bite through my screen! lol, & thanks for dropping by my blog--i'm definitely looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete