Thursday, January 24, 2013

Searching for a Sign

There was a time that I thought great entertainment was clicking photos of weird or inappropriate church signs that I stumbled upon along my journey....
Those times that I've felt such compulsion to photog these signs, I envision a snow-haired fossil of a man carefully placing each letter into these signs, either oblivious to the absurdity he's created or slightly jaded at the lack of recognition he receives, despite being a veteran in the road-side sign game!
At that time, I thought, this is just too..... ironic or bizarre or hypocritical..... not to make a Kodak moment out of it.....
The last "that time" was yesterday.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous (or terrifying) collection! My stars, "I kissed a girl and went to hell"???? Really? That's priceless (or terrifying)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o Oh my, these photos are so strangely funny! I've never seen signs like these at my local churches before and if I ever do see one, I know I'll be taking a photo to remember it forever hehe. The one about unsharpened pencil is such a random analogy, haha.

    You have a lovely blog! :) I am now your newest follower. Would you like to follow each other?

    xooxo
    Kelsey
    http://runawayinla.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I love these! I'm not a religious person, but the humor is too much! Great job snapping these pics, Karen!

    -Nikki
    www.tattooedprep.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hu-larious! My favorite: "I kissed a girl and I liked it. Then I went to Hell." And "clown led worship?" What the?!

    ReplyDelete