Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whistle Stops Along the Way

I love small town diners known for their greasy burgers and excellent milkshakes.   I'll drive an old highway with its legions of pit stops and old Main Streets any day over the quicker expressways void of quirky villages and pieces of our obscure culture!
 I'm that person who brakes for the World's Bests and Biggests.  I'm that girl who will take the extra hour or so to go sit in a giant rocking chair and I always try the World's Greatest Pancakes (even if they are usually less than mediocre). 
I was the one here in Darwin, Minnesota staring up at the World's Largest Ball of Twine, satisfied with the oddity that is America.
That was me.

4 comments:

  1. OOOOHHH!!!! I love this post! I am that girl, too! Seriously, I'm a lover of greasy diners and big burgers. HA HA! My husband teases me by saying, "You are really passionate about cheeseburgers." HA! Just wanted to thank you so much for stopping by my blog, for following me, and for leaving such a wonderful comment. You brightened my whole day. I returned the follow!

    Absolutely, you may use my Superhero poem for your church group. I'm so flattered that you would ask me!!! If you make copies, all I ask is that you include my name and website on the copy--By Aleisha McDaniel, callmemamaleisha.com THANK YOU SO MUCH! Looking forward to reading more from you! XOXOX!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I will, of course, cite you!

      Delete
  2. I love those kind of people. I always want to stop at those random sites along the way (experience the whole journey, right?) but the people I travel with never want to. Maybe I need new travel companions.

    ReplyDelete