Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring Snow

Its all a matter of perspective...
In the UP-  "Its been a mild winter, eh!"
(3 feet steady snow; drifts up to 14 feet)

Today in E.C.- "Shut down the town! Shut down the schools! Its a state of emergency!"
(First snow day of the year-- currently less than one inch of slush on the ground)

Me:  Not complaining and resisting the urge to yell, "Dis is barbeque weather,eh!"
  Is it wrong teachers get more excited for snow days than kids?
Painting some garden wares and sipping tea.

4 comments:

  1. Weather is a matter of where you live in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the snow. We used to get snow when we lived in the mountains and I loved it. I loved the snow days just as much as my kids because I could sleep in a little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must be distant neighbors because I also had a "fake" snow day today. Im in the DC suburbs, and now all the snow is gone. What a treat today was though!

    I found you through the Hump Day Blog Hop. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I'm in the DC metro area, too..... Of course we're back tomorrow, but 1 day was fabulous :-)

      Delete