Saturday, December 7, 2013

Of Our Elf on the Shelf

I really don't understand what the controversy is regarding Elf on the Shelf.  I see streams of posts~ One sharing a cutesy photo of what mischief Bobo or Ferdinand got into, another saying how creepy it is, and another, yet, declaring that the whole concept defies religious statutes and principles.  I say, "seriously?!"  

I kind of like the idea of Elf on the Shelf. 
The guy and I have had our own versions of this our entire marriage.  Meet Literal Elf.  
Literal Elf is....well....literal.  We found this fellow about 4 years ago and have been helping him find literal situations since, all year round.   Above, Literal Elf  questions the words to the LMFAO song, chooses to not be done, goes in for the win this past St. Nick's Day, criticizes common expressions, and finally adopts a pet from the storm.
Literal Elf has a Leprachaun friend who likes to just show up from  time to time.

I guess true love is being able to make your person laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment