Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bleak Midwinter

*Le sigh*  
I am on the East Coast, which, if you watch the news, you know was iced two nights ago by Winter Storm Janus (visions of the Friends'  character looking quite insulted).  Of course, I was not distraught by the school closings for 2 (that's right T.W.O)  days in a row!   

I realize I could get so much done if I didn't have to work!   I went early morning (seriously 6:30 am) grocery shopping, cleaned , rearranged, and prep-cooked all our meals for the week. (Huzzah for domestic goddessry!)  I made some new letters for a simple Valentine's Day decoration. 
Cut out from cardboard boxes, painted and stained to look rusted metal. 
(And all that was in one day... I could be more productive, see.... really!)

Today was a glorious snow day.... sunny and icy cold with no new snow flurrying down!  
I might say the perfect day to take a little drive just to go for a walk!  
Feeling true Yooper with my gollashes, mitts, and tuke!

Is it wishful thinking that the plows didn't make it to the schools yet?  


1 comment:

  1. I love the winter! Though, I must say that I'm a little tired of the snow, now. Just got hit with another snow storm in Maryland. Yet, snow days allow me the opportunity to work on my blog (which I love to do) and catch up on other things. Always catching up.....perhaps that's the main reason for snow....

    Sharon
    Make It Or Fix It Yourself

    ReplyDelete