Wednesday, February 5, 2014

By Pen and By Ink

Essentially, all a blog stands to be is a  {typically themed} log, a memoir, a review;  a journal. And as humdrum as it may sound, I consider journaling basically consecrated.  Its plain talk that diaries are often utter crap~ a tabloid of our own tunnel vision.  Notwithstanding, journals can shout truths that history books often only whisper, if not whitewash all together, creating a gospel of humanity, of deity, of impulses and livelihoods.  

This little corner of the interwebs I claim is just a small extension of my journaling; a segment of my life I can share with those far away and some who've decided to try find a commonality with another soul.  Sometimes I think of posting.  Often times I don't.  I've randomly gained (literally) hundreds of followers during my frequent writing; I've lost (literally) hundreds of followers (when I don't share for awhile, or post something REAL, something meaningful to me, something spiritual)

Today I will share some of my journaled thoughts, by pen and by ink.

As a reply, of sorts, to book club, a handful of beautiful, soulful, real women and I have started 'Journal Club', an excuse to snack and chat.... and a reminder  to record our life, our thoughts, our essence.... at least once monthly, if not more regularly. 
"Get a notebook, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity."  S.W.Kimball

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is your artwork? Amazing. I love the Mother Theresa image. Thank you for stopping by the blog; I feel honoured that someone as artistic as you has complimented me!
    mrsdbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind..... Doodles in a journal is all this is. Can't wait to read more from you.😃

      Delete
  2. Karen--These drawings are beautiful. You know, so many people associate white with heaven. I think it absolutely has to be full of colors like these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a journaling club! The thing I love most about my blog is having that record of what we've been doing! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your journals. And I love your heartfelt real stuff. As I am learning, life histories tell us so much more about life than a broad overview of history, as you say. Good stuff, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your illustrations, so talented. There is something lovely about a paper journal!

    Anna (intheplayroom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful description of what a journal is. I love your drawings, they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete