Sunday, March 2, 2014

Back to the ...80's?

Say you don't know me or recognize my face
Say you don't care who goes to that kind of place
Knee deep in the hoopla sinking in your fight
Too many runaways eating up the night

Last night we traveled back to the Back to the Future days for the annual Chastain Dinner. 
(Yeah, I didn't know what Chastain was either.  Its a themed dinner... of sorts. Each group's table leaders {the guy and I} work with their team to create a theme with decorations and food to match.  Last night we were a decade of  tubular awesomeness, next to Greece, Alaska, Super Spies, and an adorable Tree Fort)
*Thankful for my sweet colleague  friend for lending us her 80's Star Wars toys, magazines, and Cabbage Patches.  Stephen (with a ph), one of her dolls, plays PacMan on our old Atari. 

 Marconi plays the mamba, listen to the radio, don't you remember 
We built this city on rock and roll
**Totally rad shots of  some gnarly people...and Chewbaca...playing with a Rubics Cube.

We built this city on Rock and Roll.  
** Silly Vanity; joining the ranks with a selfie...or three. 
**Channeling Cyndi Lauper ala Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  The queens of repurposing turning our table's cute first place trophy into an 80's time capsule.  
* Apparently boys just want to have fun, too. 
The bad to the bone one looking the wrong way over his shoulder and looking totally rad is mine. 

Built this city,  we built this city on Rock and Roll.  
* I befriend talented people.  Look at these amazing (and delicious) cookies my adorable friend Ashley made!

*Most of our group posing during munching before the battles began!
*Practicing our mad moves for the Thriller dance off. 

We had a seriously, totally tubular awesome adventure creating our own little time machine with our lovely friends. Now I'm back to this millennium and facing down the forecasted snowstorm.
What's the protocol for cheering for snow days once its in March.


19 comments:

  1. How fun was that?!?! What a great idea! And your costumes, decorations, and food look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my blog. Brilliant! The boys looked very comfortable in their 80's clothes! : )

    Http://www.myfamilyandabruzzo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! Those cabbage patch dolls definitely take me back to my childhood! So fun. So glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a super cute 80s babe. And those cookies! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, this looks like so much fun! I love the 80's and your vintage selfies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all created such a fun time, reminds me of a class reunion!!

    Thanks for stopping by Oh M Heartsie Girl
    Have a great week
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    So much talent in one room! Those cookies are keepers. It looks as though you had a fantastic time. Thank you for visiting my blog thro the Mommy Monday Hop. So glad to meet you. Looking forward to reading more.

    Gilly
    http://gillycannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looked like tons of fun!

    And I don't think "snow days" and "March" should be in the same sentence unless the words "There are no..." are included.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad there were no "selfies" back in the 80's, some of my old hairdos only need to be seen at 80's throwback parties. ;)
    Kristen www.MommyInSPORTS.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. how awesome is this...wow...what a great way to get out and let loose. I love this...and so jealous, LOL

    http://dinoheromommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had an 80s flashback lol. Looks like a lot of fun :) Love those cookies!
    Wendy @ www.mamasblogcentral.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you all had a ball! I love the 80s, it seemed like such a fun era. I was born in the late 80s, so I didn't experience much of them, but I would have loved too! Maybe one day I'll go to a fun 80s themed party too.

    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun theme! My husband and I love all things 80s. We are teaching our children all about that time by making them watch 80s movies with us. So far. So good. They love them as much as we do. It's so fun to quote movie lines with them. Your friend made some amazing cookies. I could only dream to have that talent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE those cookies, I love having crafty/talented friends around, too! The 80's were awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that looked like a whole lot of fun. Wish I'd been there. And love those cookies!

    Now you got me reminiscing to my high school days. Not that I'd really want to go back to high school though. That just sucked.

    Thanks for stopping by my page. Following you on Bloglovin now.

    Suzanne @ Times Squared

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like so much fun, I enjoyed the pictures!
    Thank you for stopping by www.musicteachingandparenting.com
    Looking forward to following you back!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, the 80's! It looks like you had a great time recreating them:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a lot of fun! I love the themed cookies :)

    ReplyDelete