Tuesday, June 3, 2014

You Can Come Too, Too, Too

As part of our urban hike this past weekend, we decided to venture into the National Zoo. 
I don't know if its the old architecture, the cultural hub buzzing, or the amount of money [I hear] gets raised as part of conservation efforts, but the DC zoo doesn't make me as sad as other zoos do.  

In fact, I love the Smithsonian zoo.  
Maybe its the vibrant, old-timey carousal...
...or the animals that roar...
{Lions and Bears; the Tigers were sleeping, OH MY!}
...or being silly with that guy...
{My badger faces make up for the lack of up close time with badgers while sloth bear wears my shades.   This selfie epitomizes the tragedy of selfies, and I love it.}
...or the opportunity to travel deep into Amazonia, just by opening a door...
{Monkeys hang out high in the canopy, near a cocoa tree}
....or maybe its the Lemurs...
{yeah, its probably the lemurs, though the turtles ring a close second.}
...it could be the Ape who always has a new blankie...
{or the Orangutan taking the O-Line across our path, or the Mongolian Horse}
...but most likely its strolling around the 'globe' with the guy...


And now a trip down memory lane...

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, you got some good shots at the zoo! We just went last week and my pics look NOTHING like your visit. You are so good at this kind of stuff.
    P.S. Badger face is the best.

    ReplyDelete