Saturday, October 4, 2014

Downriver & Up a Creek

Peeking back in history and, although replicated, Jamestown Settlement is well worth the stroll. Knowing that my feet were planted in the same soil  where some of my ancestors planted their new lives was serene. Jamestown's museum and historical area did a nice job sharing the truths of the trials of life there.  Seriously impressed by the area. 
Of course, Kyle had to test out this ensemble.   I think he looks dashing. 
Sailing the Seven Seas with some high masts. 
See if you can find me in the picture... I'm sneaky ala Where's Waldo? 


Getting preachy with it in the Settlement's Chapel. 
Within the fort's walls. 
Photo lenses and thatched roofs. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your trip album!~ So, Waldo, I couldn't find you on that ship unless the dark tiny blurp behind the ropes was you, which it probably wasn't. Kyle looks short in that one with the hat on, and looks handsome in the doorway and pious on the church pew. You look very cute in the stylish posed pic, and in the pulpit your hair is the same burnished red as all the wood behind you. Wonderful pics, looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete